During the summer of 1986, a small group of dancers met with the idea of forming a ballroom dance club in St. Louis. They wanted a club that would benefit each facet of ballroom dance: studios, ballrooms, social dance clubs, and especially dancers. Their plans were to:
- Offer group lessons to introduce new people to ballroom and to provide further development for more experienced dancers. This was to be done by offering the highest quality dance instruction at the lowest possible cost.
- Regularly hold social dances.
- Visit ballrooms around the area as a group to introduce members to the various facilities and bands.
- Publish a newsletter with information on dances and dance instruction.
- Hold workshops and seminars with world-class dancers and instructors.
As we near our two-decade anniversary, St. Louis Ballroom Dancers has remained true to our founder’s plans.